With the previously mentioned $10 pumpkin, I made the following:
- Pumpkin and bacon soup
- Pumpkin cream cheese (somehow this wound up tasting like watermelon and I have no idea how that happened)
- Pumpkin bread (courtesy of Alton Brown - highly recommend this recipe!)
- Pumpkin biscuits (got a little distracted in the kitchen when I figured out I could clean the microwave by boiling water and vinegar and burned these a bit... Oops!)
- Pumpkin cream cheese dip (served with gingersnaps!)
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (eh, not too delicious)
- Pumpkin and Gruyere pasta bake
The last of which was my favorite. I used this recipe I found on Pintrest, my obsession. I doubled it, substituted delicious Gruyere for the cheese sauce, and pumpkin for the butternut squash. I have to say it was pretty awesome. Stuart didn't even mind that I made it low-fat =)
No comments:
Post a Comment