Monday, October 24, 2011

Concert!

Radiology rotation is going to go down in the history books as one of my favorite rotations, simply because I have time to DO STUFF!  Stuart and I capitalized on this last week and went with our friends Smitty and Becky to see a concert downtown.  We started the dinner off with sushi downtown and then walked in the crisp fall air to The Soul Kitchen.  This is a bar/concert venue that Stu and I wanted to mark off our "Things To Do in Mobile" list.

The headliner was Brett Dennen and the opener was a band called Blind Pilot.  I was pretty excited to hear Brett Dennen, but as it turns out, I think I like Blind Pilot better!

Blind Pilot had 6 members and included on the stage were: guitars, accordion, banjo, ukulele, bass, bass guitar, synthesizer, drums, trumpet, and a xylophone.  They had a really awesome sound and put on a really good show!
Lumberjack man with a tattoo sleeve playing the xylophone.  A tattoo sleeve is the only way you can look manly while playing a xylophone 


Brett Dennan was good, too.  He's ... how do you say ... a strange looking fellow but with good music!  He also has about as many dancing skills as I do, so that's always fun to watch.

I'll leave you with some good tunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment