Tuesday, October 11, 2011

As you may know, Winston-Salem was made famous by the RJ Reynolds cigarette company which created both Winston and Salem cigarette brands, among others.  Perhaps to improve their name in the city, the company donated a substantial amount of money to create Reynolda Gardens and village for the city, as well as a museum.  Fortunately they also provided a great deal of money for those that they made sick with their product by creating a hospice home and a cancer center.  But I digress ... We drove out to the village and gardens after church on Sunday to enjoy the beautiful fall day.  Here are some pictures!


Look at this little guy we found in the mini pepper plant!  Cute!

We were glad to walk a bit since right before this outing we pigged out at a local restaurant called Sweet Potatoes Well Shut My Mouth.  It's run by two friends ... one who greets in the front and the other who cooks in the back.  It's a really charming place with really delicious (read: fattening) entrees.  I had the "hamsome" ... thinly shaved ham on a sweet potato biscuit with melted brie and a Dijon mustard sauce.  Not something I would normally eat, but I thought that was all the more reason to try it!

I'll have to do some extra walking around the hospital to burn that one off!

No comments:

Post a Comment