Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church, and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever, amen!
Stuart and I have claimed this verse countless times through our dating life and now during our marriage. God has given us more than we could have ever imagined in a spouse, and has blessed us beyond what we have asked in our marriage – and it is all for His glory!
I have had this verse on my mind all day as I’ve reflected back on this month-long rotation as it comes to a close. Honestly, as I drove up here to Winston-Salem, I was afraid. I was afraid of being in a new place, staying with people I didn't know, afraid of missing my husband, and afraid of not being able to "cut it" at a bigger university hospital. In summary, I wasn't trusting God. I forgot that he has always gone above and beyond what I needed to take care of me in the past.
Some of my fears were relieved when I arrived and met James and Kathryn, two of the kindest people I have ever met. They immediately welcomed me into their home and as a part of their family. They helped with the transition so much and kept me company, and kept me from missing Stuart too much.
Then, the first day of work I was obviously nervous, lost, and confused. However, the people I worked with were awesome - they did everything from calling IT when my computer access wouldn't work, to leading me around the hospital so I wouldn't accidentally wind up in the basement somewhere. And it turns out, they were really enjoyable people to work with and be around, too!
And, today. Today brought more good news than I've had in a while! As soon as I walked into work today, I found an interview invitation from Wake Forest sitting in my email inbox! Of 13 places I've applied to, I now have received 10 interview offers. This was immediately followed by an email telling me my score on the board exam I took right before I came here. I had prayed for concentration and a clear head going into that exam, and mentioned a number I might like to have in that prayer, too. Well today I found out not only did I pass, but I passed with 25 more points than I had hoped for! And all this was followed by an email from the residency program director saying he wanted to meet with me this Friday!
I am truly blessed. And if all those things aren't good enough, I get to see my wonderful husband on Friday. Thank you, God, for doing more than I could ever hope or imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment