Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Virginia is for Wine Lovers and History Lovers

I had Labor Day off and a friend and I decided to visit a few vineyards in town.  I have lived here a year and a half now and have only been to 1 vineyard.  There's at least 20 or 30 within driving distance from here.  When Stuart and I went to Napa a few years ago it was still winter and the vines were bare - in contrast to these vineyards which had huge clusters of grapes right on the vine!  It was lovely.





Then, two weekends ago my family came to visit.  My dad absolutely loves trains, and said he wanted to visit this National Park in Harper's Ferry WV because they had this train track going through a mountain.  So we got in the car and drove to the place where WV, VA, and Maryland all meet.  Turns out the park was deeply rooted in the history of the Civil War, and in general was a beautiful place.  Dad got to see his train coming out of the mountain, and we all got to enjoy some scenery.






Dad, happy as a clam watching his trains (you can see it towards the top right corner)





No comments:

Post a Comment