Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lately, or, a month in pictures

And now, a brief review in pictures of the past month.  You'd think on an outpatient month I'd find the time to blog, but it hasn't turned out that way.  I have to catch up because there's a lot of exciting stuff coming up in the next few weeks! Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures ...

For Stuart's birthday weekend I went up to Pittsburgh and continued our yearly tradition of making his favorite meal.  Generally that's been Poppyseed Chicken casserole, and the only time I ever buy cream-of-anything-soup; however, this year he surprised me by asking for shrimp po-boys!  A different challenge, namely because finding good seafood in Pittsburgh is, well, impossible ... but it turned out ok and we had fun doing it!


what "bachelor" needs a kitchen table?!  Not this one I guess  =)

Thats a happy man ...


Next up - there's a lot of great things about Charlottesville.  One of them is the scenery.  Put that together with donuts, wine, and good friends and you're got a party!  Carter Mountain, where you can pick peaches and apples seasonally, also has a free sunset-viewing with live music weekly during the summer.  Some friends and I went out there a couple weeks ago to enjoy the view.  And the peach donuts, of course.


Hayes and Lola, Winston's new girlfriend

Hey Mom, I'm just chillin'





How fortuitous that mine and Stuart's birthdays are a week apart. That means I got to see him two weekends in a row!  Instead of shrimp po-boys, I just really wanted a trip to the farmers market.  We bought tons of beautiful tomatoes in colors and patterns I had never seen, then assembled it into a nice salad to take out to BYOF (bring your own food) at Champion Brewery, a really nice brewery downtown.

Look at the spoils!  Also that bell pepper is PURPLE!!!!!!!

The striped ones were the best


Who doesn't love a game of corn hole?  I think the guys were mystified, waiting for that bag to drop.

Stu and Hayes are both good and competitive.  They made a good team!

Enjoying some grub outside

Resident besties!



And last but not least, my friend Anem who is super cute decided to have some people over for dinner.  And not just any dinner, a traditional Pakistani one.  I was really excited about this and went over a day earlier to help her cook.  Basically that meant me chopping things while she taught me about Pakistani food.  I learned a lot, and discovered you can do a lot more with yogurt than eat it with granola.

Cherries and "potato patties", or as I called them, the Pakistani Hot Pocket


Homemade Baklava!  Whoa!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment