Dear Sir behind me in the grocery checkout line,
I believe that God sends us angels ... special messengers ... what have you ... just right when we need them. Today was one of those times for me. I had just left my pharmacology class and remembered to run by Publix to grab a head of garlic; the sole item I needed to construct tonight's eggplant parm. I was feeling quite down in the dumps, which surprised me. Usually being in a room filled with my favorite classmates would be exciting, but today I just got bummed out.
I started thinking, "Wow I'm really going to miss these guys next year. What if I never see them again? Ugghh what if I made the wrong choice by putting "not yet revealed school name" as my number 1 choice? What if it's too hard there? What if I can't cut it? I'm going to be a doctor in 4 months, am I really smart enough for that?" I.E, the devil was having his way with me. I kept brooding over these negative thoughts the whole way from midtown Mobile across the bay to Daphne.
I parked at publix, grabbed my garlic head located right beside the front door, and walked over to the 10 items or less line. Bad thoughts were continually flowing. I'm sure I looked sad, or at least grouchy. After the man in front of me had his grocery selections conveyed to the register, I sat down my lone garlic head. Then, from behind me in line, clutching your bucket of fried chicken, you said, "Gosh! You must have a bad vampire problem!"
I immediately burst out laughing and those bad thoughts flew away from me. I resumed my normal extroverted demeanor and then we had a conversation about the eggplant I was making tonight.
Thanks sir, for making me lighten up.
Thanks, God, for sending me a laugh right when I needed it.
Kacie
No comments:
Post a Comment