Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I know some folks aren't too keen on the spooky day, but any day you can dress up as something silly and give out candy to kiddos is good in my book!
Stuart and I had a super fun pumpkin carving party a week before Halloween. We decided to make a pirate pumpkin in honor of our aforementioned new friend, Mary. The pirate was a success and almost made it to Halloween before it caved in. Darn you, Mobile humidity! We ended the holiday week with a costume party/small group! Not many couples were able to come, but we still had a great time, and Stuart and I got to show off our Family Double Dare costumes!
Also, unrelated to Halloween, October 30th was our 1-year engagement anniversary!!!! It was also conveniently our 3 month wedding anniversary! Stuart surprised me by picking me up from the hospital (after I performed the incision and drainage of an abscess on my own!!!) and driving us to Meridian, MS to stay in a bed and breakfast! It was so much fun, and so very nice to sleep in and have someone wait on us!
I didn't get any pictures of Meridian, but here are the Halloween pics ...
| concentrating on that pumpkin! |
| the part of pumpkin carving that is most like my surgery rotation |
| Gray's technique made me a bit nervous ... |
| and now on to some sort of saw thing |
| our masterpieces! our pirate is the second from the left |
| Family Double Dare! We'll take the physical challenge!! |
Kacie,
ReplyDelete1. Those costumes rock! Reminds me of Gladiator days :)
2. Is that your house???? It's freaking adorable. I love it!
3. Miss you friend and loooove you! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Laura