One of the things I love about our condo is the open floor plan and tall ceilings. The downside to that is that you need a lot of stuff to cover the walls or else it looks kind of lonely in here. After many a conversation over how we should cover our walls (Stuart likes tradition, I'm more of an abstract gal ... yada yada) we just decided to do our art work ourselves! I wanted to do something for our dining room, and since I have (lovingly, ever so kindly, and always making sure its ok) removed every decoration from the walls, I told Stu he could paint whatever he wanted to for our bedroom and it would be A-ok with me!
As luck would have it, there's a really cool place right across the street from us called Paint 'n' Pals. It's basically a paint-by-numbers for adults and it is so much fun! We called in ahead of time the designs we wanted to do, and when we arrived at 2pm last Sunday they had it sketched out for us ready to go! Now, mind you, it was a very basic sketch and we were able to ever so timidly express ourselves through our artistic talents. And as we painted the owner would come around and instruct us on the proper brush stroke techniques. It was so much fun! Now we just have to get them framed to complete the project!
| Can't tell much from here, but I managed to get paint on my face before we got started good! |
| Working on my "Impressionist Poppies". No worries, it's upside down. |
| Stuart hard at work on his "Dauphin Island". He was so intense he would never hear the questions I was asking him. |
| I destroyed my paint plate |
| Stu's finished project! |
| My finished project! |
LOVE IT!! They look great!! REally they are sooo good!
ReplyDelete