Monday, March 23, 2015

Enjoying Spring before the trip!

Stuart rode the train down this weekend so we could spend some time together prior to me leaving.  I had a short work day on Saturday, and the weather was perfect, so we decided to drive out to a couple of vineyards we had never visited before.  The first was Prince Michel and ... well ... we won't be back to that one.  I almost spit out every glass of wine we tasted!  Then we went onward to DuCard.  We wanted to visit there for memory sake as we drove by it every time we took the drive from Charlottesville to Pittsburgh.  The views there were really nice, and the wine was much better!  The company was pretty good too.


Sandals!  Finally!

I guess the vineyard workers were out early that day.

After our trip we cooked some dinner and I started packing.  I also started freaking out a little bit.  If you know me, you know I tend to be a bit ... ahem ... anal and obsessive about some things - particularly packing for a long trip.  Last time I went I had a couple weeks to really think about what I needed and what I didn't.  This time since I was on the wards I only had one or two days.  Stuart had to talk me down and take me on a walk or two during the packing process, but I think I've got everything covered!  Hopefully I don't get stopped for drug smuggling as I have a pill bottle for just about everything that could happen while I'm there!  Unfortunately Winson has learned what suitcases mean, so he was also panicking a little bit while the packing was going on,  My friend Hayes is nice enough to keep him for the month.  I'll miss the little guy!


Stuart is at work today and I'm organizing my bags and thoughts the last few hours before I leave!  It'll be a long haul from DC --> Frankfurt --> Addis Ababa --> Entebbe --> Mbarara, but I'm excited!  If you dont mind, say a prayer for my safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment