Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tacky Christmas

I've lost count of exactly how many Tacky Sweater Parties we've had.  Probably at least 5 by now.  I'd like to think that Stuart and I are famous for them, but I don't know if that's exactly the case.  Regardless, we're usually able to convince lots of folks to come due to the lore of the deep fryer and all kinds of delicious things getting dunked in there.  Add a Dirty Santa gift swap and a prize for best dressed, and there's not many more better ways to throw a party!

Turns out Reese's are not fryer compatible. They just dissolve.

Winston got a lot of love while wearing his tacky sweater.

Deep in discussion of frying strategy

These Northern boys discovered Rotel dip!

Dr and Mrs Love in their finest Christmas attire.



Exhausted from all the fun

Dr Churchill won best dressed!  I think those earrings made the outfit

Quite the gift - Spam!  Upon opening everyone exclaimed "lets fry it"!

Watching Dirty Santa

Dr Le received a "cowboy-scented" candle and some glue sticks; exactly what he wanted!

A green Buddha head to match the big white one given at the last tacky party.  Now both proudly displayed in the resident library at UVA.

Jess got a hand-written poem from Rich

And the prize for best dressed?!  Hot guys and baby animals calendar!

It wasn't long after the gift swap that the Spam made its way over to the fryer.


Pondering the fried Spam.  The consensus was that it tasted like bacon, but soggier

Rich's poem

Third years!

Prashant and Winston

Family photo

No comments:

Post a Comment