Saturday, December 6, 2014

Friendsgiving!

I can't believe we had the third annual Saulters Friendsgiving just a couple of weeks ago!  Fortunately Stuart was able to come to this one!  I had the day off after an exciting 28-hour call day in the MICU.  Stuart and I started early by preparing 2 turkeys to roast, and then he got worn out and took a nap while I made homemade cranberry sauce and lots (and lots) of cornbread.  I tried my hand at a pumpkin pie but did something wrong and it turned out more like pumpkin pudding.  Oh well!

Mardi was interested in the poultry activities.  No worries, we cleaned the counter afterwards.

I gave Stu the experience of stuffing butter and herbs under the skin.

Whew!  Making turkey is hard work!

The party started at 7:30.  We had about 30 friends come over, each bringing sides and/or dessert!  I was originally afraid we wouldn't have enough food but boy was I wrong!  I had about a gallon of mashed potatoes left over in my fridge!  I think everyone had a good time.  If you can't be with family for Thanksgiving at least you can be with great friends!

Ted had the turkey carving honors - he did a great job!

Friendsgiving is always cozy in a small apartment


ohhhh yeah ... dessert table!

Winston got a new bow tie for the occasion





Andre stayed up past his bedtime to come eat with us!


A strong intern showing

(part of) the third year class 

No comments:

Post a Comment