Sunday, April 21, 2013

Here lately ...


I tried my hand at poached eggs ... unsuccessfully.  Somehow the egg just dissolved in my simmering water and made a heck of a mess.  So I decided to try soft boiled eggs, and I think they turned out quite nicely.  Nothing like sopping up some runny yolk with crispy toast.


Remember my "garden" I planted a while back?  Well here's my first little spout!  And, well, it's my only sprout. We'll see if anything else comes up.


And of course spending time with this guy is nice!  His favorite Spring-time activity is sitting out on the porch, growling at big dogs that walk by, and then getting scared, whimpering, and running back in.


And of course now the weather has been nice enough for us to "run".  I use the word running loosely. I pretend I'm a hard-core athlete and then thankfully Winston likes to stop every block or so to water the bushes.  I act perturbed but really I'm thankful.  Then we both collapse on the couch afterward.


I was able to enjoy the great outdoors with some friends, Arpan and Anem, yesterday.  We took a walk almost up to Monticello from the base of the mountain to check out the sunset.  It was a beautiful walk and gave me a chance to experiment with my camera some more.  Winston even came and got his walk on, and got photographed a few times.

I think this is my favorite

Or this one ...









If that wasn't enough, one of the second years who is from Louisiana threw a good 'ol Crayfish Boil yesterday too!  Now I love shrimp much more than crayfish (something about the gooey brown poo-ish insides) but smelling that boil and seeing it poured out over newspapers made me a little nostalgic for the Gulf Coast.  I ate a few!  The best part was seeing some of my "northerner" friends not know how to work their way around a crayfish.



And finally, today the UVA Alumni Association threw a big shindig for every resident in the hospital at Blue Mountain Brewery.  It's a beautiful place out in the country with picnic tables, delicious food, tasty brews, and even a few corn hole games.  We hung out for a while, but the real treat was spotting some farm animals on the way back.  We were probably a bit too brave to drive up on someone's property and call the horses up to let us pet them.  It was a ton of fun, and I got to see a city boy on a farm.  Pretty hilarious.


OREO COWS!!!!!!!!

Yep, these guys are doctors.



This was not a pose.  Hahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment