Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Day at the (horse) Races

I'd been looking forward to Foxfield for a few weeks.  Any chance I have to wear pearls, a sundress, and make pimiento cheese I will take!  This is a bi-annual event in C'ville - apparently a huge tradition. I couldn't go last fall for some reason I can't remember ... likely hospital related ... and I was really sad.  Apparently the fall race is a bit more "family friendly", and the spring race is a bit more "party hardy" with lots of college kids around.  Well it turns out that was probably true as I saw various and sundry youngsters getting way more crazy than I did in my college days.  Otherwise it was a super fun day.  The weather was abdolutely perfect, I got just enough sun to tell I had been outdoors this weekend, we had a nice picnic, and I got to see my first horse race!

Right about where we plopped our quilts and snacks

Of course most good Southern parties involve Corn Hole.



Foxfield, sponsored by Vineyard Vines


You can only sit around in the sun with a full belly so long before accidental naps start happening.

'tern best buds

wish I could distress things and they wind up looking like this

Part of the crew: Alex, Matt, Hayes, Arpan, me, Josh

Can't believe we've turned this one into a country boy in 9 short months

Let the races begin!  I'm not sure what this guy's purpose was exactly.  Maybe like the guy at a NASCAR race who waves the checkered flag?



Apparently a true gallop is when there is only 1 leg on the ground


And now no feet on the ground!

Uh oh.  Man down.  No worries, between us docs we checked a few pulses and gave some unlucky gal a sternal rub to make sure she was alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment