Well it's half-way through January and I'm just now blogging about Thanksgiving. I guess intern year is busy or something.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and this year I had to work all week. Which meant I couldn't be with my husband or family on Thanksgiving. Which made me super sad. So when life hands you lemons, make lemonade! I decided to host "Friendsgiving" for my fellow interns. About 12-15 people showed up, and the meal was a big success! Here are some pictures
 |
| Mis en Place |
 |
| Turns out when you chop 3 butternut squash you get this funky orange coating on your skin. And a sore wrist. Next time I'll buy the pre-chopped kind. |
 |
| The Roast Beast! It somehow was done 2 hours earlier than I expected! Not sure how that happened but it stayed warm until the company arrived. |
 |
| Thank goodness this Southern guy (Isaac) knew how to carve meat. |
 |
| For some reason Winston and Mardi were a bit anti-social. Mardi was immodest and Winston kept licking this one spot on the carpet that must have had some turkey gravy on it. |
 |
| I didn't take pics of the crowd but got some of the food! Turkey with homemade gravy and cranberry sauce, biscuits, roasted butternut squash, celery root and potato puree, asparagus salad, and desserts galore! |
No comments:
Post a Comment