Monday, March 5, 2012

Prom(s)

This weekend Stuart and I had quite the prom experience!

First, our friends Gray and Lauren hosted a pre-prom dinner for some local high school kids.  The theme was "masquerade", and Lauren decorated their house wonderfully!

About 10 kids came to dine before the big event.  Stuart and I helped prepare food and then acted as expert waiters for the night.
Menu

"appetizer table"

We served salads, shrimp alfredo with broccoli, and cheesecake for dessert.  We were so excited about our dinner plans, but as finished plates returned to the kitchen, we quickly learned that high schoolers would just as soon skip on the vegetables and eat noodles and sauce.  Oh well!  I think the kids had a good time, and all of us "adults" definitely did too!  We had a lot of good laughs while in our dinner assembly line.  And we only had one small explosion in the kitchen.  A success!
Lining up for pictures

Enjoying dinner
After everything settled down in the kitchen and the kids left for prom, Stuart and I headed over to Mobile for our own Med School Prom (aka Asclepius Ball).  It was at the Mobile Carnival Museum, which turned out to be a pretty neat place!  Inside, past Mardi Gras King and Queen outfits are showcased, among other things that I didn't really understand what they were.  Somehow, I managed to get a scrolling slideshow from their website of museum pictures below.

Museum pictures

This was the second med school prom Stuart and I had attended.  Our second date was actually at prom my first year of school!  So this year marked the 3rd anniversary of our second date.  And the rest is history!

Flash from the past: 3 years ago!
The event was really fun, and we danced our little hearts out until midnight!  That was the latest we've been up in a while!  Here are a few more pictures for your entertainment.
Andrew with a rabbit on one shoulder and squirrel on the other.  He always is the best dressed!

Me and Shannon - going to miss this girl in July!

Caleb was trying to steal my dancing partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment