Dearest Mustang,
You and I spent a great 10 years together. I remember feeling like the luckiest gal on the block when my dad brought you home from the dealership on that crisp February morning in 2000. Back then you were shiny and almost-new with a mere 6,000 miles. I felt like the hottest thing in town. We turned a few heads, you and I! I admit I may have broken a few speeding laws with you, but you always got me safely to where I needed to go, and for that I'll be forever grateful. You were kind to me even after that fateful morning of the ACT when I hit a pickup truck and put a trailer hitch ball in your front bumper. Sorry about that...
We've had a great relationship through college. You've taken me to the beach for many spring breaks, but according to mom and dad brought me home from Auburn too few times. We've been through 101,000 miles, a wreck, a few jumped curbs and 5 moves together. We've been pulled over quite a few times, but still with NO speeding tickets (yes I'm proud).
And now, I hate to break the bad news, but I'm moving on to someone else. Someone who gets 50 miles/gallon. Someone whose paint isnt chipping off, whose radio display tells me what station I'm listening to, whose seatbelt retracts back in the holster, whose power steering doesn't leak. Someone who's a little less "crazy teenager" and a little more "earth-friendly responsible adult". Someone who has 4 doors and the ability to transport friends and groceries. Someone named Prius.
Please, Mustang, don't be hurt or jealous. We had good times together. But sometimes, you just have to move on.
Love, Kacie
YAY! I love it! :)
ReplyDelete