We officially have internet at home now! Which means I can probably blog (and study) a bit more consistently! A lot of exciting stuff has gone on the past few weekends and I've been waiting to blog about it until I could use the internet, so here goes:
8/28 - Gettin' our groove on!
Stuart decided to celebrate my birthday via tickets to see Train and Need to Breathe. The concert was at The Wharf in Orange Beach, AL. It's an outside amphitheater in the middle of a swamp/wetland sort of thing. Pretty awesome setting if you ask me. Unfortunately it provides no protection from rain... and rain it did. There were no downpours; just one of those constant light mists that leaves your clothes soaked. But it was worth it because the concert was outstanding! Need to Breathe opened up for Train, which was pretty exciting considering they are a Christian band. It was actually a bit ironic seeing everyone around us dance and sing along to Christian music whilst guzzling their Bud Lights. All in all, Stuart and I had a great time jamming out to some good tunes!
Here we are in our cute (and Auburn colored I might add ...) ponchos. You may also note from the picture that I now have bangs! Of course here the humidity caused them to not be in their finest form
Here's Need to Breathe! The guy on the left played a banjo for a few songs, and any band with a banjo is a good band in my book! Regardless of if they all wear skinny jeans.
As an aside, I wonder what the next generation will say when they look back on pictures of their parents in skinny jeans. I must admit I gave in and purchased a pair. Surprisingly they are one of the most comfortable pair of pants I own. But when men wear them and they are tight enough so that you can make out the dents in their knee caps, something may be wrong.
And now, the main event! The lead singer for Train is either ADHD or on crack. It could go either way. He is more energetic than some kids I have seen in the clinic who are on double doses of Ritalin! This was a particularly cute moment of the concert where he got lots of little gals up on stage and called them "Trainettes" and let them sing the songs. Good times.
9/4 - Go Dawgs!
Football season begins! I think everyone knows that I am an Auburn Woman through and through, but have now married into a Mississippi State family. Fortunately, the MSU family is just as nice and pleasingly filled with Southern Charm as the Auburn family. I feel right at home there with Stuart and all the Saulters clan. I must admit, however, that I don't yet own a cowbell (they hurt my ears!), nor does my cheering come quite from the heart. I'm sure I'll get there one day. But I still miss seeing that eagle fly!
At our tailgate with the Grenada fam!
Uncle Stu and Aunt Kacie with Sal, Brian, and Vera Kate! This was her very first football outing and I think she enjoyed the game very much!
It's very convenient that Brian works for Hilton and gets awesomely cheap hotel rooms we can all stay in for the game. However, it is not awesome to have 6 adults, 1 baby, and a large dog in that hotel room together. To keep it short, Stu and I slept on a partially inflated air mattress that was half propped up against the wall and got about an hour total sleep. But it was worth it!
After all the football excitement we drove to Gadsden for church with the fam, followed by lunch with my extended family at the best Mexican restaurant in the world, Villa Fiesta. We also got to visit with my bestie, Megan and her husband, Daryl. Good stuff!
9/11 - We sold all our stuff.
Have you ever seen the movie Borat? If you haven't, I wouldn't recommend it. It's pretty terrible. However there is this one scene that I love where Borat, a foreigner in the USA for the first time, goes to a yard sale and thinks that anyone leaving their possessions on the front lawn must be a gypsy. And the more I think about it, yard sales are a pretty ludicrous thing to do. You gather all the junk that you don't want/like anymore, lay it all out in your yard, and hope someone will think it is nice and come pay you for it.
My yard sale experience goes way back to my childhood when my Aunt Charlotte and I went on yard sale excursions quite regularly. We would scour the papers for the ones that sounded the best, leave at 6am in her old jalopy, and not shower so that people would feel sorry for us and give us better prices! I had many a success buying things I didn't really need that way.
Anyway, our yard sale included all our leftover stuff from the move, some of Stuart's old decor, and various and sundry items from Aunt Alexa and Uncle Phillip. Oh yeah, we also put out all our living room furniture.
This is what Memaw's lawn looked like when we got finished. We wound up selling about $120, which isn't too shabby considering only 2 groups of people stopped by! One family took all our kitchen stuff, and another cute little man in suspenders took all the furniture. We were pretty excited about that until we came home and realized that we had no furniture left but a coffee table.
Stuart is now getting a better football-watching experience since he has to sit in a stadium seat!
That's all for catching up ... next weekend is going to be filled with decorating and furniture-acquiring!
No comments:
Post a Comment