Friday, September 10, 2010

A pain in the neck

I realize this isn't my medical blog and you may not not want to read about medical things. However I have 2 hours to kill before my calm shift starts in the childrens ER and am bored out of my mind.

Anyway today I was walking to my noon lecture when I realized my neck was hurting. Also while walking I kept clumsily bumping into my white coat with the swing of my arms. I passed a window and discovered with horror that my white coat was making me look like I have a lot of "junk in my trunk". As I tend to collect things in all those pockets, I decided to empty it out when I had a few moments. Here is what I found:

3 pens
16oz water bottle
Articles on gestational diabetes, HIV treatment for infants, and neonatal sepsis protocol
My beeper, which has yet to be used
Chapstick
A disposable toothbrush
Car keys
Stethoscope
Pen light
A small textbook
Vaccination guidelines
An article on what to do If a baby vomits green stuff
Eye chart
A half eaten kashi bar
A banana

No wonder I was in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment