Sunday, August 10, 2014

Memaw/Julia/JuJu's 90th Birthday Party!

This weekend we were blessed to spend the weekend with Stuart's grandmother, Julia, for her 90th birthday party.  The first time I met Julia/Memaw when Stuart and I were dating 5 years ago, she told me I had to be in attendance at her 90th party.  She also commented that she wanted us to have children before she died!  We haven't satisfied that requirement yet, but we have had this shin-dig on our calendar for a few years now.

Unfortunately we almost didn't make it.  I'll save you the angry rant, but our flights were delayed and re-routed multiple times, and to top it off Stuart's bag was lost.  We wound up missing our own birthday party Friday night because we were late, but such is life.  And the reason I'm able to blog now is because my flight back home got delayed.  Good times.

Anyway, the party was wonderful, and it was a blessing to see the 200+ folks in attendance that have had a part in Memaw's life and love her so much.  And it's always great to be with family!




Julia in her "receiving line"


She got toasted and a little bit roasted

And you can never get away without a giant family photo!


Mom and Dad got to come as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment