Thursday, July 17, 2014

Gadsden Vacay

Late June Stuart and I traveled home to Gadsden for the weekend.  It had been too long since I've seen my extended family, so we had a big family gathering with delicious food as per usual to celebrate.  We also went to a fancy local restaurant with mom and dad one night, and were able to see all my home church family.  It was a short weekend, but a good one.  Here are some pictures.

Meeting of the minds ... always best at a kitchen table

Aunt Charlotte's homemade banana pudding with meringue topping.  This is toward the top of my list of favorite things in the world.

The obligatory family couch photo

Mom and her sisters on the back deck

Me with Dad and Uncle Jerry.  Can you tell they're related?



A visit with family really couldn't be complete without someone shooting a gun, right?  Dad and Stu took his new toy out into the back yard to shoot a stump a few times.  I think the neighbors were a bit scared.





No comments:

Post a Comment