After a few weeks and 2,800 miles on my Prius, I arrived safely in Charlottesville, Virginia on Monday afternoon. Over the past couple of weeks as Stuart and I transitioned out of our house in Daphne, I was able to visit with his family, my family, and some of my very best friends. The Prius and I traveled from Gadsden all the way to San Antonio and back! More posts and pictures to come on that eventually.
I can't remember if I posted about this or not, but our apartment/condo we planned on leasing isn't quite ready yet. So I am "in-between" in a furnished apartment a few miles down the road. It was kind of nice to "move-in" with just my clothes and some pots and pans. It definitely was a quick move! But of course it's weird to be living in a place where the furniture isn't mine. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the new place will be finished sometime between July 5-15. The sooner the better! I'm so ready to feel settled in! Not having Stuart here with me is hard enough, so it will be nice to have some semblance of normalcy when I'm living in my own place with my own stuff!
In other news, work starts tomorrow! Not real work, mind you, but 1.5 weeks of orientation. BUT tomorrow will be the first day I get PAID for being a DOCTOR! Whoop whoop! I'll be learning the ins-and-outs of the UVA Health System, as well as legal things about being a resident. Then the real fun starts on Monday June 23rd as I begin my first "real work" in a private clinic in town! I have mixed emotions about my schedule ... I start out with an easy first few months, and then get absolutely slammed at the end. On the positive side, it will be a nice transition in. On the negative side, come next June I will be very tired!
Please be praying for me and Stu during this new phase in our lives. We are hoping to be living together real soon, and hoping even more so for a job that will allow Stuart to move up here! Pray for me to be a strong independent woman during this stressful time, but also to be a loving wife while I'm away from my husband!
More updates to come soon ... Thanks for reading =)
No comments:
Post a Comment