This past weekend was the A-day game in the Loveliest Village on the Plains. Most all of my Auburn friends have left from AU and scattered, literally, across the country. It's still great to go back though, and visit the campus and town I called home for 4.5 years!
 |
| Stu even loves Auburn (a little bit)! |
This weekend marked a special occasion, apart from the A-day game. One of my favorite professors, advisors, and mentors is retiring, and Stuart and I came into town for a surprise retirement party for him. Dr Lawrence Wit taught me Mammalian Physiology (one of AU's most famous courses), as well as advised the COSAM Leader group I was a member of. He is such a special guy who really cares for his students - past and present. He means so much to me that he actually read a scripture in our wedding! I hope that I can positively influence as many folks in my career as he has in his!
 |
| David, myself, and Chris ... part of COSAM Leader class 2006/7! |
 |
| Ms Nancy, Dr Wit, and us |
 |
| All the past Leaders and Dr Wit/Ms Nancy |
Since this was likely our last trip to The Plains for a while, Stuart indulged me with a few things. First was a walking tour of the whole campus. So much has changed since the last time I was there! It even took me a minute to recognize where the old sidewalk was I walked to class every day ... it's a building now! Second, we went to the bookstore so that I could loudly proclaim my AU heritage with a big orange and blue badge holder for my new white coat in Virginia!
And lastly, he took me to my favorite Auburn restaurant, Amsterdam Cafe. They have an avocado and crabcake sandwich that's to die for ... but we decided to go with burgers. Lamb for me and beef for Stu!
It was a great weekend, and really it was nice just to get away from our helter-skelterness here in Daphne. We've been kind of crazy thinking about and planning for the move and all. But now we're back and up and running again!
Sunday we'll be heading up to Charlottesville for some job interviews for Stu and house hunting! Wish us luck!
Hey Kacie! We hit up a lot of those same spots, ha. Even Amsterdam's. Glad you put up the picture of us, mine turned out kinda dark. Good luck with house and job hunting. Owen and I will say a special prayer for you guys. So glad to have met you during out time at Auburn!
ReplyDelete