Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This may be the most interesting trip yet

Tomorrow we leave for Providence, Rhode Island.

I'm a bit nervous for three reasons:

1. The last time we tried to fly out of Pensacola airport, it was a total disaster and we wound up driving to our destination.  The time before that when we did actually get to fly, it was also a total disaster with re-routed flights and lost luggage.  Hopefully it's time for some good luck!

2. Today in Daphne, AL it is sunny with highs in the low 60's.  The high in Providence over the next 4 days is 34 degrees, with a 70% chance of snow on Saturday!  And just for your weather enjoyment, the low tonight there is 15 degrees.  I've had a tough time finding appropriate sweaters to pack, since Mobile-worthy sweaters are usually your basic cardigans.

3. I've called a few restaurants in Providence to make dinner reservations while we're there, and everyone on the phone talks SO FAST that I can't understand what they're saying!!!  I have to ask them to repeat a few times, and they probably think I am calling from somewhere near where the Beverly Hillbillies was filmed.

It should be a fun trip!  I'll post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment