Is hard to do when I don't blog regularly! Sorry about that!
Last weekend my parents came down to spend some time with us. They brought with them some produce love from their very own garden, as well as from Chilton County, AL. We had about 6 pounds of peaches, some berries, and Stanley Jackson's home-grown squash and green tomatoes! Super delicious. I somehow failed to take pictures of our weekend together, but did photo journal my first fried-green tomato batch of the summer season.
| The set up. Let those 'maters rest on a napkin when you're done! |
If I had to name my favorite edible parts of summer ... I would have to say juicy ripe peaches and firm green tomatoes.
| I like them almost-ripe. I think they're sweeter that way |
Anyway, mom, dad, Stuart and I had a great time together! We chowed down on seafood at a couple of locations, grilled out AMAZING (grass fed beef) hamburgers, and even took a short trip to Orange Beach! The rain didn't let us stay out too long, but we just had a wonderful time relaxing on the shore.
| Love that iron skillet! Love that sizzle! I don't love, however, when oil pops on my arm. |
Sunday after the fam left, I had my med school gals over for another brunch. Again, sorry, I didn't think to take pictures. But you can imagine the deliciousness of a watermelon-feta-arugula salad and goat cheese frittatas! It's really hard to beat great times with friends and great food to top it off!
| That top left one is not broken ... |
Other exciting things going on? Well ...
I'm FINISHED with child and adolescent Psychiatry! Can I get a Hallelujah!??! I somehow drew the short straw for my Psych rotation and have just spent a month with violent, defiant, and abused children. It was not my most fun month in the world, and I'll be glad to be moving on to another rotation in Internal Medicine on Monday!
In other news, Stuart and I are fast approaching our 1 year of glorious marriage anniversary! We are actually heading out tomorrow afternoon after my psych final exam to Natchez, Mississippi to have some R&R in a local B&B (too many initials there?). I'm pretty excited about it, and having traits of Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (just kidding), have already planned our trip out =) You can look forward to hearing about it next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment